How to Make Sure Your Carpets Stay Clean
Nothing will keep your carpet looking new like a professional deep clean. Professional deep carpet cleaners completely remove any dirt, bacteria, fibers, and debris from your carpets better than a regular vacuum can provide. The deep cleaning process can revive your carpet so it looks like it did when you first had it installed. It's not worth putting the extra effort in to keep your carpets clean without a proper deep cleaning to begin with.
Once you begin with a deep cleaning, however, how can you maintain your clean carpet?
Tips on Keeping Your Carpet Cleaned for Longer
Learning how to maintain a clean carpet after a deep clean will help you protect your investment and keep your purchase looking its best as long as possible. Here’s what you should do after you've had your carpet professionally cleaned:
- Leave all shoes at the door: One of the best ways to protect your carpet is to ask everyone to leave their shoes at the door. It's more sanitary and can prevent people from tracking pollen, pebbles, grass and many other types of debris and allergens into your carpet. The no-shoes rule also protects the pile of the carpet. It means small stones won't be able to get caught in the carpet and cause tears, and shoes can't grind the material down. Invest in rubber mats to place in front of the door, where people can leave their shoes.
- Show extra care to high-traffic areas: Consider putting down rugs or runners in high-traffic areas, which naturally show more wear and stains.
- Vacuum your carpet: Set up a regular vacuum schedule or program a robot vacuum to regularly clean your floors. Frequent vacuuming removes dust, small particles and debris before it can get ground into the carpet and cause damage. If possible, use a HEPA vacuum and replace filters regularly to ensure that even tiny debris is removed. Aim to vacuum at least once a week — more often if you have pets.
- Manage the air quality in your home: Replace your air or furnace filters regularly to make sure your air is clean. If you live in an area with lots of dust or urban pollution, consider investing in an air purifier. Air filters should be changed every 30 days if you have pets and every 60 days if you don't.
- Consider your pets: Cats and dogs can shed fur or even track in dirt from the outside. If you have dogs or pets who go outside, get into the habit of wiping down their paws when they come in. Groom your pet’s fur regularly, and keep nails trimmed to prevent damage to your carpets.
- Tackle stains at once: If you spill something, soak up the stain right away by blotting (never rubbing) with a white cloth or paper towel. After you've absorbed the liquid, use a stain remover at once before the color sets. Get familiar with your manufacturer’s care directions so that you understand how to remove stains, and keep the approved stain removers on hand at all times so you never have to let a stain set. If you're using a new stain remover, test it on an inconspicuous part of the carpet first.
Are You Ready for a Carpet Deep Clean?
Even if you're careful about your floors, carpets get dirty, and a carpet cleaning will be needed. Vacuuming and cleaning your carpets yourself will tackle only the surface area. A professional deep clean can get underneath the fibers and pull out allergens, pet hair and more. You should aim for a professional deep clean of your carpets at least once a year, and more often if you have pets.
Fortunately, Cyclone Professional Cleaners will be here for you when you’re ready. Our professional service was founded in 2001, and our team of expert cleaners has experience with a variety of carpets, from thick rugs to looped carpets and more. We have green cleaning solutions and the tools and expertise to help you make the most of your flooring.
If your carpet could use some help, get a quote from Cyclone Professional Cleaners today.