Family Owned Carpet Cleaning Company Serving Plano, Allen, Frisco, The Colony and the Surrounding Areas
The best-rated carpet cleaning service in Plano, TX is Cyclone Professional Cleaners since 2001. Our trained, friendly carpet cleaners use experience, green cleaners, and the biggest truck mounted steam cleaning machines throughout Plano and Dallas to deliver a cleaner carpet. We have superior Rotovac cleaning wands as well as traditional style wands to clean the many carpet types used by home flooring pros today.
How Often Should Carpets Be Deep Cleaned?
You may be thinking you vacuum multiple times per week and make sure to thoroughly remove any accidental wine or coffee spills, pet accidents or mud and dirt tracked inside — aren’t those tasks interchangeable with carpet cleaning services? While it’s important for homeowners to vacuum regularly to remove unsightly surface debris, professional carpet cleaning is essential for maintaining the fresh appearance of your flooring and preventing any unwanted health concerns.
Depending on your family’s lifestyle and daily activity, how often your carpets could benefit from a deep, steam cleaning largely depends on:
- If you have pets — cleaning can remove excess fur and dander, as well as stains
- If the carpet is subject to heavy traffic — consider how large your family is, if you have children and rooms that are frequently used
- If you or a family member is a smoker — the smoke produced from cigarettes can leave unpleasant odors in your carpet fibers
- If anyone in your family suffers from allergies — when you stroll over carpets, you’re likely tracking in dirt, pollen and other irritants from the outside that can aggravate allergy symptoms
- If your carpet is under a manufacturer warranty — to maintain the quality and appearance of your carpets, many manufacturers require that homeowners have their carpets professionally cleaned at least once every year
You should be professionally cleaning your carpet once every year or two. However, if you have pets or young children, you may find yourself in need of deep carpet cleaning companies more often. Kids tend to spill frequently, and when you have pets, pet dander and even waste can collect in your carpet. These are issues you will want to address as soon as possible. You should clean your carpet right away and have professional cleaners come in every three to six months.
If you are in and around the Plano, Dallas or Frisco, Texas areas, you of course already have access to one of the best cleaning companies around. For safe, thorough and organic carpet cleaning, call Cyclone Professional Cleaners. Our truck-mounted steam cleaning machine is powerful enough to take on virtually any stain and buildup on any carpet that’s suitable for steam cleaning. We have the skills and training to leave your carpet looking practically brand-new.
Benefits of Professional Floor Cleaning
Carpets are an attractive, cozy flooring addition for any home. To keep them in pristine condition, homeowners need to make sure they’re investing in regular deep cleaning. Even if you don’t believe your carpets are filthy, you can experience the following benefits and comforts by having your carpets professionally cleaned at least once per year:
- Better indoor environments
- Pest and mold prevention
- Odor reduction
- Improved appearance
Why Hire Professional Carpet Cleaners
While your local hardware store may advertise inexpensive carpet cleaner equipment rentals, hiring a professional carpet cleaning service will produce better and more effective results. Professionals have the training, experience and tools necessary to evaluate your home’s carpeting materials and create specialized cleaning plans that will produce the best, longest lasting results.
During your carpet cleaning services, a technician will have knowledge about how to clean various carpeting materials — like wool to synthetic materials to delicate and tricky new fibers — and will thoroughly and completely clean different types of stains and adequately sanitize the area to eliminate dust mites and bacteria. By using advanced, state-of-the-art carpet cleaning equipment, a professional cleaner can also remove up to 95 percent of added moisture, which will significantly reduce the chances of mold growth. Deep carpet cleaning performed with rented equipment takes longer to dry and may lead to unwanted mold growth.
How Does Deep Carpet Cleaning Work?
Having a professional floor cleaning company clean your carpet stains is simple and straightforward. Typically, each room being cleaned takes about 20 minutes depending on the amount of furniture the team needs to remove, how soiled the carpeting is and if any tricky stains that require particular attention with cleaning solutions.
To ensure that your carpets are properly cleaned, cleaning specialists like Cyclone Professional Cleaners follow these general steps:
- Step 1: We invest in specialized cleaning tools that deliver a better, deeper clean for your carpet.
- Step 2: For carpet that requires less agitation, we use a traditional professional hot water extraction wand to inject steam into your carpet fibers, which loosens dirt, debris and allergens from the material. The water and any loosened debris are then extracted using suctioning equipment, which removes up to 95% of the added moisture.
- Step 3: A deeper clean can be achieved with a wand or a machine with rotating brushes. At Cyclone Professional Cleaners, we can use a Rotovac, which uses small brushes to scrub the carpet as a high-pressure water hose pushes water and a cleaning solution deep into your home's carpeting. This process both cleans and removes carpet odors. Then, we extract the water, cleaning solution and dirt from the carpet.
The Most Common Materials Used for Carpets
Most people choose their carpet based on how it feels under their bare feet or if the colors match their home's decor. However, the materials your carpet is made from determine its durability and how well it can resist stains. There are quite a few carpet fiber options on the market made from a variety of synthetic and natural fibers.
The majority of carpeting is made from synthetic fibers, which are more resistant to stains and far less expensive than natural materials. Knowing the type of fiber your carpeting is made of will help us determine the best cleaning method. The good news is that we can typically clean most carpet material that does not need dry cleaning.
Here are some of the different kinds of materials used for most carpets, along with their characteristics:
- Wool: This natural material has soil-resisting qualities but is not necessarily stain-resistant. It's naturally beautiful, makes well-constructed carpeting but is more expensive.
- Jute: Made of dried plant fibers, jute is a naturally durable and soft carpet material. Plus, it's relatively maintenance-free. However, since jute is a natural fiber, it's absorbent and quite susceptible to mold and mildew.
- Silk: This natural but very expensive fiber is often seen in high-priced oriental-style rugs. However, it's very rarely used in carpet today. While silk is quite strong and lightweight, it's sensitive to cleaning chemicals.
- Nylon: Nylon is the most popular carpet material in the U.S. Its durability makes it resistant to wear and tear. While it may not be as stain-resistant, some varieties of nylon carpeting are treated to help fight stains.
- Olefin: This material is often used for basements and outdoor spaces due to its ability to resist moisture, mold and mildew. It may be tougher than nylon, but it's not as comfortable on bare feet.
- Polyester: This man-made fiber is known for its luxurious appearance and feel. It comes in a wide selection of styles and colors while still providing good value to homeowners.
The Best Way to Remove Stains From Carpet Types
The classic carpet is a wool carpet. Wool carpets are often the most prized and among the most expensive type of carpet material. While wool carpets are good at hiding stains, buildup in your wool carpet can cause issues with indoor air quality and cause your carpet to wear down more quickly. Fortunately, when it comes to carpet cleaning, it’s very effective to steam clean carpets made of wool.
Modern Synthetic Carpet
Modern carpets are more commonly composed of synthetic materials like nylon, polyester, olefin, plastic and latex. Carpet backing is often made of a mixture of plastic, urethane and rubber. With these materials, it’s important to clean carpets after spills to remove the stains from the carpet before they get a chance to set. If they do set, you can still clean a synthetic carpet with vinegar-based cleaners or steam cleaning.
Jute carpets are made of plant fibers and give a home a very natural look. You can maintain a jute rug by vacuuming regularly and blotting out any spills when they happen. Traditional carpet cleaners and steam cleaning can ruin jute rugs, so if your jute carpet is extremely dirty, consult a dry cleaner for how to clean carpets made from jute.
Silk carpets are extremely elegant and luxurious pieces that are very delicate, so you should endeavor to keep them away from areas where they may collect stains or dust. They are very sensitive to heat and chemicals, so as with jute, consult with a dry cleaning professional for safer alternative cleaning methods for silk carpets.
Use us risk-free because our workmanship is guaranteed. Our stain removal services are the the most professional and consistent in the Plano and Dallas area! Need more than your carpet cleaned? We have over 10 types of services to choose from for one-stop shopping.
Research customer reviews and check our A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. We are a verified accredited carpet cleaning company.
We'll deliver a cleaner carpet. Our work is guaranteed.
- To steam clean your home's carpets, we'll use large truck mounted machines, which are the best carpet cleaning equipment, both heating water and removing dirt.
- This state of the art equipment provides powerful heat and suction, removing contaminants from your carpet. It's also a powerful dirt and spot removal tool. Once finished, there's no residue left behind to attract dirt, and your carpets will dry clean.
- Our customers agree — it's the best carpet cleaning available in Plano, TX, and the surrounding areas.
- Truck-mounted steam cleaning and dry carpet cleaning is both scientifically and visibly better, and you can tell the difference.
- We invite you to compare other area carpet cleaners and see the Cyclone difference.
- Our carpet cleaning process ensures a safe and effective carpet cleaning.
- Carpet manufacturers recommend that their customers use steam carpet cleaning to ensure the best carpet care.
- Even pet urine and set-in stains can be treated and improved.
- Specialized cleaners can target specific spots and spills such as coffee, wine and other problematic carpet stains.
- Carpet odors don't stand a chance against our great-smelling carpet deodorizing products.
- To protect your clean carpet from new stains and continued carpet traffic, we'll use fiber guard.
Rotovac carpet cleaning systems are the best in the business. Brushes scrub as steam cleans simultaneously for the deepest clean available.
Frequently Asked Questions About Carpet Cleaning
Where do you find a good carpet cleaning company?
One way is to use your favorite search engine (Google, Bing, Yahoo) and enter carpet cleaning and your city name. Check the reviews and ratings of the best results and decide if you are more comfortable with hiring locally owned businesses or services from a franchised large firm. Another great option is asking your neighbors and coworkers for the name of a cleaner they liked. If a cleaning truck is in your neighborhood, it is okay to walk over to there and ask for information and some technicians may even have time to give you a free evaluation.
How much does deep carpet cleaning cost?
The national average for a steam carpet cleaning begins at $120. Carpet cleaners charge between $.20 and .$50 or more per square foot of carpet cleaned. The common price charge is per room cleaned (average room sizes between 150 and 200 square feet). For example, a 150 square foot room at $.20 is a $30 room charge. Oddly-shaped areas and stairs may be charged separately if the wand has to get into the area at an angle or the tools have to be switched.
How often should you clean an area rug?
Just like a carpet cleaning, an area rug should be cleaned once a year to maintain its durability, texture and to remove trapped bacteria, dirt and odor.
How much does it cost to clean an area rug?
A typical synthetic rug, cleaned at your location, runs somewhere in the range of $1.50-$2.00 per square foot or higher. A 5-foot by 7-foot rug is 35 square feet and would be $52.50 to clean at the $1.50 per square foot price. Some companies come and get the rug and clean it at another facility and that price usually begins at $80 or higher.
When fixing up my home or completing remodeling projects, when should I clean the carpet?
We recommend waiting until your project is completed. Remodeling a kitchen, painting the house, tiling the bathroom or installing wood floors creates dust. Are you freshening up the home to sell it? A carpet cleaning is typically done last. Let the dust settle on the floor and then schedule the professional cleaning as the final step. Steam cleaning does require an appointment and a little dry time, so clean ahead of time for holiday parties, baby or wedding showers or furniture delivery.
Carpet Cleaning Warranty Information
Most carpet manufacturers offer a warranty for your carpet if you maintain your new carpet purchase by having it regularly cleaned by professionals. Manufacturers often cover things such as: general stains, pet stains, anti-static, fade resistance, manufacturer's defects and more!
Take a look at these popular carpet brands to learn more about the warranties they offer.
- Mowhawk Flooring Warranty
- Shaw Floors Warranty
- STAINMASTER Warranty
- Beaulieu Warranty
- Milliken Warranty
- Tuftex Warranty
- Karastan Warranty
- Fabrica Warranty
Carpet Cleaning in Plano, Frisco, McKinney, Allen TX and Dallas
Based in Plano Texas, our local family business is your best choice for honest carpet cleaning in Plano, Frisco, McKinney, Allen, McKinney, The Colony and Dallas, TX. We are a friendly neighborhood cleaner proving great service still exists — just read our reviews from real customers. To learn more about our professional carpet cleaning services in your area, call us today at 972-390-8700 or fill out our online contact form to request an appointment.