Whether you’re getting your windows professionally cleaned or doing the job yourself, you want the best results for your efforts or investment. But when is the best time to get your windows cleaned?
What Is the Best Temperature for Cleaning Windows?
To decide on timing, you need to understand how temperature and weather affect window cleaning. In general, very hot temperatures aren’t ideal for window cleaning, since the cleaning solvent will evaporate quickly on the glass, making the process harder and potentially causing streaks or water spots. For the same reason, you don’t want to clean your windows when the sun is directly overhead.
It’s often best to clean windows when temperatures are between 64 degrees Fahrenheit and a temperature in the 70s. In other words, seek a day that’s not overly hot. For many, this means either a day in the fall or spring or a very early morning on a cooler day in summer.
How Cold Is Too Cold to Wash Windows?
Many people assume that washing windows in the winter is impossible, but that’s not the case. Of course, in Texas and other warm parts of the country, homeowners have the advantage of not usually worrying about freezing temperatures when they clean their windows.
Even in lower temperatures, it’s possible to get sparkling glass — you’ll just need to use car washing fluid, which won’t freeze in cold temperatures. You’ll also want to choose an overcast day so that the fluid won’t dry too quickly and leave streaks. Finally, you’ll want to wear gloves to protect your hands from the cold and from the cleaning agent.
Other Considerations for Timing Window Washing
In addition to season, timing a big window washing job depends on factors such as:
- Upcoming events: If you have a big event coming up, you may want to make sure your home looks its best. If you have a wedding at your home, host a big party or are selling your home and want to have an open house, remember that it’s ideal to schedule cleaning a few days to a week before the event.
- Where your home is located: If you’re located next to a busy street or highway, you may need to clean more often. If you live near a field, you may wish to have your windows washed in the summer to remove any pollen that ends up on your glass.
- The weather: Some homeowners aim for late spring for washing their windows since that’s when the messiest weather is usually over and the results of a cleaning can last a long time. Usually, clean rain will not make cleaned windows dirty. You’ll want to make sure you clean on a day without heavy winds, however, so that your cleaning agent doesn’t get blown around.
- Your personal needs: Some homeowners like to schedule yearly or quarterly window washings to keep their home clean. Others prefer a monthly schedule, which is what businesses use to keep their windows picture-perfect. Of course, if mud or some unforeseen event causes dirty windows between washings, you may need to schedule one outside of your regular routine.
Ready to Have Sparkling Windows?
If you want sparkling windows, you can tackle the project yourself or hire professional window cleaners, like the experts at Cyclone Professional Cleaners. A few advantages come with hiring Cyclone Professional Cleaners, including:
- Professionals who have the tools to get the job done right: From special solvents to green cleaning options and tools to remove caked-on grime, the experts at Cyclone Professional Cleaners are stocked up and ready to help you enjoy a whole new view.
- Elimination of injury risk: Climbing up on a ladder to clean windows can be quite dangerous. Professionals have the safety equipment and insurance to protect you and your home.
- Experts who can help you get sparkling windows every time: The professionals at Cyclone Professional Cleaners have been taking care of windows since 2001. They understand how to treat vinyl, wood and other frames as well as how to tackle tough jobs. You won’t even have to worry about streaks or water spots!
If you’re ready to see sparkling windows, reach out to Cyclone Professional Cleaners to get a quote today.