You vacuum your carpet regularly, so you may think your floors are clean. But while vacuuming removes a lot of visible dirt, it can’t do the whole job. After you vacuum, dust mites, bacteria, viruses and other particles often remain behind. Non-commercial vacuums often don’t have the power to remove all the debris.
Luckily, there is a way to protect your carpet. Professional carpet cleaning provides the in-depth, effective and deep dirt removal you need. Why should you consider having your carpet professionally cleaned? Let’s take a closer look at why this method is so effective.
How Does Professional Carpet Cleaning Work?
We perform truck-mounted deep cleaning that relies on a hot water extraction machine to deep clean your carpet. Truck-mounted units offer the greatest level of efficiency. They remove more dust, debris and dirt than portable units. Other things you should know about the cleaning process include:
- Our truck heats the water to a very high temperature — higher than you get with a steam cleaner you rent yourself. This primes your carpet for maximum dirt removal.
- We use as many non-toxic, green cleaning materials as possible. These materials work just as well as non-green cleaning products, but they make less of an environmental impact.
- Once the job is done, your carpet should be damp but not sopping wet. The carpet has been rinsed clean. Damp carpet (not sopping wet) from a professional cleaning is not harmful and doesn’t have time to create mold. You can use fans to speed up the drying process.
- Professional carpet cleaners can remove many stains, but they can’t eliminate every one. It depends on what caused the stain and how long it sat. Talk to your carpet cleaner before they begin, so you have realistic expectations about what they can remove.
A good carpet cleaner, such as Cyclone Professional Cleaners, can answer any questions you have about the cleaning process before they get started.
What are the Benefits of Professional Carpet Cleaning?
Now you understand the need for professional cleaning and how the process works. You’ll also receive advantages from professional carpet cleaning, such as:
Better Indoor Air Quality
Professionally cleaning your carpets can preserve the air quality in your home or business. Allergens like dust mites in the air land on the carpet and attach to the fibers. Unlike on wood floors, when carpet is walked on, the dust gets further pushed down and not kicked back up into the air.
The carpet essentially traps dust mites, skin cells, pet hair, dirt and more, leaving less in the air to irritate the lungs. As with any filter, it needs to be cleaned or it will break down. Regular weekly and monthly vacuuming is the first way to rid the carpet of pollutants.
Preserving Your Warranty
Many carpet companies require you to get regular professional cleaning to maintain your warranty. Read over the warranty to see if it will be voided if you fail to schedule regular professional cleanings. You may need them every 12, 18 or 24 months. Save the receipt from your professional cleaning, so you can prove you had it done should you need to use the warranty.
Carpets Can Fade and Deteriorate More Quickly Without Professional Cleaning
Fibers in your carpet will break down faster if you do not get them professionally cleaned. Dust, dirt and pet dander can compromise the quality of the fibers. When you get your carpets cleaned, the professionals get deep into the carpet and remove these things, so they can’t break down the fibers.
Steam Cleaning on Your Own Can Go Terribly Wrong
While you may be tempted to rent a steam cleaner yourself and do the job, this money-saving strategy can go wrong. Using the steam cleaner incorrectly can result in soap residue remaining which attracts dirt or sopping wet carpet.
Protection Against Allergies
Do you or someone in your home or office suffer from allergies? Then you should have your carpets professionally cleaned to remove allergens that can prompt irritation. Whenever someone walks across the carpet, they send dust mites and other allergens into the air. Eliminating them is the only way to protect against allergies.
Removing Pet Hair and Dander
You love your pet, but you don’t love all the hair it leaves behind around the home. Professional carpet cleaning can remove the hair and dander you miss when you do your weekly vacuuming. Our deep-cleaning methods can rid the carpet of pet-related odors as well as stains. Our services remove vomit, urine and feces left in carpet by your pets.
Why Get Professional Carpet Cleaning?
Professional carpet cleaning does more than just remove debris. It can also lift stains set into the carpet and eliminate the signs of everyday wear and tear that develop in office and home carpeting. You see those signs every day, yet you may not even think about them because you’re so used to it.
Shoes wear down carpet fibers and carry pieces of dirt on them. If you haven’t had your carpets professionally cleaned, you may see a dirty streak where people walk on the carpet. You can trace the path people take most frequently across the room by the tread and wear on the carpet.
Carpeting represents a large monetary investment. You don’t want to pay to replace it, but that’s another reason to opt for professional cleaning — the carpet will last longer if it is well-maintained.
If you have dark-colored carpets, you may not see the need for professional cleaning. The dark coloring masks stains and dirt that can accumulate over time. People with light carpets will notice these things more quickly. In an office, it can be embarrassing for clients to see dirty carpet when you want to present a professional appearance. Click here for commercial carpet cleaning services for your business!
Tips on Keeping Your Carpet Cleaned for Longer
Learning how to maintain a clean carpet after a deep clean will help you protect your investment and keep your purchase looking its best as long as possible. Here’s what you should do after you’ve had your carpet professionally cleaned:
- Leave all shoes at the door: One of the best ways to protect your carpet is to ask everyone to leave their shoes at the door. It’s more sanitary and can prevent people from tracking pollen, pebbles, grass and many other types of debris and allergens into your carpet. The no-shoes rule also protects the pile of the carpet. It means small stones won’t be able to get caught in the carpet and cause tears, and shoes can’t grind the material down. Invest in rubber mats to place in front of the door, where people can leave their shoes.
- Show extra care to high-traffic areas: Consider putting down rugs or runners in high-traffic areas, which naturally show more wear and stains.
- Vacuum your carpet: Set up a regular vacuum schedule or program a robot vacuum to regularly clean your floors. Frequent vacuuming removes dust, small particles and debris before it can get ground into the carpet and cause damage. If possible, use a HEPA vacuum and replace filters regularly to ensure that even tiny debris is removed. Aim to vacuum at least once a week — more often if you have pets.
- Manage the air quality in your home: Replace your air or furnace filters regularly to make sure your air is clean. If you live in an area with lots of dust or urban pollution, consider investing in an air purifier. Air filters should be changed every 30 days if you have pets and every 60 days if you don’t.
- Consider your pets: Cats and dogs can shed fur or even track in dirt from the outside. If you have dogs or pets who go outside, get into the habit of wiping down their paws when they come in. Groom your pet’s fur regularly, and keep nails trimmed to prevent damage to your carpets.
- Tackle stains at once: If you spill something, soak up the stain right away by blotting (never rubbing) with a white cloth or paper towel. After you’ve absorbed the liquid, use a stain remover at once before the color sets. Get familiar with your manufacturer’s care directions so that you understand how to remove stains, and keep the approved stain removers on hand at all times so you never have to let a stain set. If you’re using a new stain remover, test it on an inconspicuous part of the carpet first.
How Effective Is Professional Carpet Cleaning? See for Yourself
At Cyclone Professional Cleaners, we offer professional carpet cleaning services in Dallas, Plano, Frisco and surrounding areas in Texas. Get in touch today to request a quote, or call 972-390-8700 to discuss our services and learn more about our 30-day workmanship guarantee.